ONGC Videsh Ltd. is a Miniratna Schedule “A” Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE). It is the wholly owned subsidiary and overseas arm of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), the flagship national oil company (NOC) of India having net worth of around INR 1,84,000 crores. The primary business of ONGC Videsh is to prospect for oil and gas fields outside India, including exploration, development and production of oil and gas. ONGC Videsh owns Participating Interests in 37 oil and gas assets in 17 countries and contributes to 14.8% of oil and 12.5 % of oil and natural gas production of India respectively. In terms of reserves and production, ONGC Videsh is the second largest petroleum company of India, next only to its parent ONGC.
India is currently importing about 77% of its crude oil & gas requirement. There is a big thrust from Government to reduce import by at least 10% by 2022, which will enhance energy security of the Country.
Since the oil & gas resources in India are limited, a major contribution towards this vision is to be shouldered by ONGC Videsh through acquisition of oil & gas fields overseas. Recently it has acquired 15% stake in Russia’s second biggest oil field of Vankor from Rosneft.
On the other hand, climate change and sustainability issues put pressure on oil and gas industry. Thrust on renewables is increasing.
It is in this background and on the occasion of World Environment Day, students in India upto Class XII are invited to be part of this outreach program by ONGC Videsh. Students would select one of the topics and submit a research paper. Students would be given an opportunity to interact with the concerned officers in ONGC Videsh, however the research paper should be based on public domain information.
- Energy Security of India & ONGC Videsh – a case study
- Sustainability challenges in E&P Sector, with specific reference to ONGC Videsh
- The program is open to school students (Indian nationality) upto class XII.
- Interested students may email their applications by 13th June 2016 along with a scanned copy of his/ her school identity card and a brief biodata to email@example.com
- The entry is to be in the form of a research paper broadly covering current scenario of oil & gas, energy security, sustainability issues, ONGC Videsh by 2030
- The report should be around 20 – 30 pages and is to be submitted in soft form and should have recommendations/ way forward
- The report shall be submitted latest by 30th June, 2016 through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All research papers will become the property of ONGC Videsh.
- The research papers will be evaluated & best three entries will be suitably rewarded. Participants shall be provided certificates.