Mr. Narendra K. Verma, MD along with the HSE team received the Integrated Management System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certificate on 7th February, 2017 from Mr. Anand Pal Singh, Regional Manager (North), International Certification Services on behalf of ONGC Videsh.
In the audit report, M/s ICS appreciated Top Management Commitment, Well established management system, effective monitoring and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) System as per ISO 31000:2009.
Though there is a three-year transition period till September 2018 to move to the 2015 version, ONGC Videsh led the way in aligning its QHSE Management System in line with new standards. In December 2016, M/s International Certification Services Pvt. Ltd. carried out recertification audit from 22nd to 24thas per new standards and no non-conformity or observation was raised.
New standards of ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environment) were released in 2015, with some major changes w.r.t. earlier version of 2008 and 2004 respectively. Some salient changes in these two standards w.r.t. earlier versions are:
• Uses simplified language and a common structure (High-Level Structure) and terms, particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems
• Focus on risk-based thinking, requires to address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
• Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
• Addresses supply chain management more effectively
• The organisation is required to identify needs and expectations of interested parties w.r.t. QMS and any external and internal issues that may impact their EMS´s to deliver its intended outcomes.
• Life cycle thinking about products and services and to carry out a formallife cycle assessment