Africa

Libya (1 project)

Contract Area 43

Contract Area 43 is located in Cyrenaica Offshore Basin of Libya and consists of four blocks spread over an area of 7449 Sq. Km. with water depth ranging from 20 to 2200 meters. ONGC Videsh acquired 100% stake in exploratory block Contract Area 43 on 17.04.2007.

 

Mozambique (1 Project)

Rovuma Area-1 Offshore

Rovuma Area-1 Offshore Mozambique (Area-1) is part of the Rovuma Basin, which is located in the northern part of Mozambique offshore and is one of the largest natural gas discoveries in recent times. The water depth in the block ranges from 500 to 2000 meters. The gas discoveries include Prosperidade (which straddles the adjoining Area 4’s Mamba field), Golfinho-Atum, Tubarao, Tubarao Tigre and Orca.

ONGC Videsh holds net 16% Participating Interest (PI) in the project. 10% PI is held through ONGC Videsh Rovuma Limited (OVRL), wholly owned Indian Subsidiary of ONGC Videsh, and 6% PI is held through 60% shareholding in Beas Rovuma Energy Mozambique Limited (BREML) whereas remaining 40% shares in BREML is held by OIL. Other Area-1 consortium members are TOTAL (Operator-26.5% PI), MITSUI (20% PI), BPRL (10% PI), ENH (National Oil Company of Mozambique-15% PI) and PTTEP (8.5% PI).

Area-1 Consortium is progressing with initial development of Golfinho-Atum field through two LNG trains with cumulative nameplate capacity of 13.12 MMTPA under the integrated structure. Final Investment Decision (FID) for initial two train LNG development was announced in June 2019.

South Sudan (2 projects)

GPOC

The project was acquired before the secession of South Sudan from Sudan in March, 2003 and consisted of the upstream assets of on-land Blocks 1, 2 & 4. Block 1, 2 & 4, collectively known as Greater Nile Oil Project (GNOP), initially consisted of an area of 49,500 Sq. Km. in the prolific Muglad basin about 780 kms in the South-West of Khartoum, the capital of Sudan. Upon secession of South Sudan from Sudan, Blocks 2A, 2B & 4N are in Sudan and Blocks 1A, 1B as well as 4S are in South Sudan. ONGC Videsh holds 25% PI in GPOC, other partners in the project are CNPC (40%), Petronas (30%) and Nilepet (5%). The Project is jointly operated by all partners through a Joint Operating Company ‘Great Pioneer Operating Company’ (GPOC).

SPOC (Block 5A)

Block 5A is located in the prolific Muglad basin and spread over an area of about 20,917 Sq. Km. ONGC Videsh acquired 24.125% stake in the block in September’2003. Other partners in the block are Petronas with 67.875% PI &Nilepet with 8% PI. The block is jointly operated by all partners through a Joint Operating Company-SUDD Petroleum Operating Company (SPOC).

Greater Nile Oil Project (GNOP) Sudan, Sudan Multi Product Pipeline and Block PEL-0037 Namibia: GNPOC, Sudan Pipeline and PEL-0037 wererelinquishedin FY 2019-20